Cleveland's Bauers hits for cycle at Detroit
- Large crowd gathering in Cooperstown
- Scorching Yankees seek sweep of Rockies
- Astros looking to sweep rival Rangers
- Surging Cubs trying to sweep Padres
- Rays place CF Kiermaier on injured list
DETROIT (AP) Cleveland's Jake Bauers has hit for the cycle against Detroit.
Bauers doubled in the second inning, then singled and tripled during the Indians' eight-run fourth. He added a two-run homer in the eighth that went an estimated 406 feet to right field.
The 23-year-old Bauers became the first Cleveland player to hit for the cycle since Rajai Davis on July 2, 2016, at Toronto.
Bauers, who made his big league debut last year with Tampa Bay, entered Friday's game hitting just .209.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated June 14, 2019