Dodgers acquire pitcher Jaime Schultz from Tampa Bay Rays
- Mets INF Lowrie to have MRI on left knee
- Tigers sign 2B Harrison to 1-year deal
- Padres buzzing over arrival of Machado
- Players want change as salaries drop
- Disappointed ChiSox move on from Machado
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Dodgers have acquired right-handed pitcher Jaime Schultz from the Tampa Bay Rays for minor league right-hander Caleb Sampen.
Schultz was 2-2 with a 5.64 ERA in 22 appearances with one start for the Rays last year.
In six minor league seasons, Schultz is 22-17 with a 3.57 ERA. The 27-year-old pitcher was selected by the Rays in the 14th round of the 2013 amateur draft out of High Point in North Carolina.
Sampen was 0-2 with a 5.04 ERA in 13 games, including 11 starts, for rookie-level Ogden last year. The 22-year-old was selected by the Dodgers in the 20th round of last year's draft.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated January 8, 2019