Hwang scores first MLS goal, Whitecaps beat LAFC 1-0
European Football Headlines
- Serie A race for 2 Champions League spots goes to final day
- Sydney beats Perth on penalties in A-League final
- Exiled Shakhtar wins Ukrainian league for 3rd straight year
- Messi hits 50 goals for Barca, Madrid ends season to forget
- Paderborn joins Cologne in Bundesliga, Union misses chance
- Kompany leaving Man City after 11 trophy-filled seasons
- Germany: Below-par Bayern Munich still too good for the rest
- Cornelius' late goal lifts Whitecaps to 1-1 draw against SKC
- Wondolowski breaks Landon Donovan's MLS goals record
- Financial case a cloud over unprecedented City titles' feat
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Hwang Inbeom scored his first MLS goal to help Vancouver beat Los Angeles FC 1-0 on Wednesday night, the Whitecaps' first victory of the season and the California club's first loss.
Hwang scored in the 27th minute after Vancouver winger Victory Giro popped a shot off the post. The rebound ricocheted to Hwang and the 22-year-old South Korean midfielder took a quick shot that sailed low past goalkeeper Tyler Miller.
Maxime Crepeau made four saves for the Whitecaps (1-4-2).
Los Angeles (6-1-1) had won four in a row.
Updated April 18, 2019