Man United set for promotion to Women's Super League
European Football Headlines
- Only 9 professionals in Argentina's women's World Cup squad
- FIFA keeps 32 teams for 2022 World Cup, scrapping expansion
- Ghana striker Gyan changes mind 2 days after retiring
- Ayo Akinola to miss U20 World Cup, replaced by Julian Araujo
- Lokomotiv beats Ural to win Russian Cup
- Marseille coach Garcia to leave at the end of the season
- Dortmund signs midfielders Thorgan Hazard, Julian Brandt
- Sevilla says Caparros won't stay as coach for next season
- Sarri to discuss future with Chelsea after Europa final
- Kashima, Guangzhou advance in Asian Champions League
MANCHESTER, England (AP) Manchester United is set to play in the Women's Super League next season after securing promotion by beating Aston Villa 5-0 on Wednesday.
Casey Stoney's side is seven points clear at the top of the Women's Championship with three games to go in its debut campaign.
Millie Turner, Alex Greenwood and Jess Sigsworth scored in the first half before Ella Toone and Charlie Devlin netted after the break.
United's promotion still has to be ratified by the English Football Association, with the club expected to meet the licensing criteria.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated April 17, 2019