Icardi's standoff with Inter appears set to end
European Football Headlines
- UEFA takes Mechelen out of Europa League for match-fixing
- Sturridge banned for 2 weeks for breaching betting rules
- Infantino rejects Blatter's criticism of African cleanup
- Palestinian soccer head loses appeal over Messi incitement
- FIFA claims progress in letting women attend games in Iran
- De Ligt completes 75 million euro transfer to Juventus
- Altidore, Pozuelo, Morgan score, Toronto TC beats New York
- Romario Williams scores in 90th, Crew tie Fire 2-2
- Fagundez, Gil, Bunbury in 8-minutes stretch for Revolution
- Martínez scores 2 goals, Atlanta blanks Houston 5-0
MILAN (AP) Mauro Icardi's standoff with Inter Milan appears set to end amid reports that he will return to training with the club on Thursday.
The Argentine forward has not been on the field in more than a month, since being stripped off his captaincy amid protracted contract negotiations. The 26-year-old Icardi has said he has a knee injury, although the club has said that tests did not reveal any particular problem.
A meeting between Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta and Paolo Nicoletti, Icardi's lawyer, on Wednesday apparently resolved the differences.
After the meeting, Icardi made three Instagram posts featuring black-and-white photos of him wearing Inter's shirt and the captain's armband.
With 29 goals, Icardi was the joint top scorer in Serie A last season, sharing the honor with Ciro Immobile of Lazio. He has nine goals in 20 Serie A appearances this season.
Icardi's next chance to play will come against Lazio on March 31 at the San Siro.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 20, 2019