Porto extends contract with Casillas for another season
European Football Headlines
- Promoter sues USSF over proposed Ecuador match in Florida
- Long scores quickest Premier League goal at 7.69 seconds
- Barcelona on the brink of another Spanish league title
- Late Spurs winner v Brighton; Southampton gets quickest goal
- Eriksen strikes late to give Spurs 1-0 victory over Brighton
- Long scores quickest EPL goal in Southampton draw at Watford
- US forward Altidore sidelined with hamstring injury
- Melbourne eliminated after draw in Asian Champions League
- European Cup-winning Celtic captain Billy McNeill dies at 79
- Robbie Fowler to coach Brisbane in A-League
PORTO, Portugal (AP) Porto says veteran goalkeeper Iker Casillas will stay with the club for at least another season.
The Portuguese club says Casillas' contract has been extended until the end of the 2019-20 season, with an option for another one-year extension.
The 37-year-old Spanish goalkeeper has been with Porto since signing from Real Madrid in 2015.
Casillas says he hopes to "finish his career" with Porto, which is the club that "feels like home."
The Spaniard won five league titles and three Champions League trophies with Real Madrid, and one World Cup and two European Championships with Spain's national team.
Casillas helped Porto win the Portuguese league last season.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 20, 2019