Eagles sign defensive tackle Tim Jernigan
- Redskins LB Foster hurts leg, carted off
- Dallas' Elliott handcuffed after scuffle
- Jets' Gase denies rift with Maccagnan
- Giants' Manning not worried about Jones
- Fournette fined $303 for traffic ticket
PHILADELPHIA (AP) The Philadelphia Eagles have signed defensive tackle Tim Jernigan to a one-year contract.
Jernigan started 18 games in 2017 when the Eagles won the Super Bowl but he only played three games last season after having back surgery in the offseason. The Eagles released Jernigan in March, saving $7 million in cap space.
The move was announced Thursday several hours before Philadelphia was scheduled to pick 25th in the first round of the draft.
Jernigan played his first three seasons in Baltimore. He has 15+ career sacks.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated April 25, 2019