Steelers keep injured LB Ryan Shazier on roster in 2019
- Coughlin rips Ramsey, Smith for no-show
- Browns GM: No rush to trade RB Johnson
- Pats-Steelers, Bears-Packers open season
- Judge prevents release of Kraft video
- WR Jones skips Falcons' workouts again
PITTSBURGH (AP) Ryan Shazier will be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2019 as he continues his recovery from a spinal injury.
The team tolled the linebacker's contract for next season, meaning it will be carried over from 2018. Shazier did not play last season while recuperating from a spinal injury suffered in Cincinnati on Dec. 4, 2017. The deal allows Shazier to continue having medical coverage and gives him another season toward his league pension.
The move keeps Shazier on Pittsburgh's 90-man roster, though he eventually will be placed on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 12, 2019