Steelers keep injured LB Ryan Shazier on roster in 2019
- Jaguars fine absent LB Smith $88,650
- Broncos owner, HOF inductee Bowlen dies
- Texans drop pursuit of Pats exec for GM
- Ex-TE Winslow to be retried on 8 counts
- Landry: Browns' new drama 'a non-issue'
PITTSBURGH (AP) Ryan Shazier will be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2019 as he continues his recovery from a spinal injury.
The team tolled the linebacker's contract for next season, meaning it will be carried over from 2018. Shazier did not play last season while recuperating from a spinal injury suffered in Cincinnati on Dec. 4, 2017. The deal allows Shazier to continue having medical coverage and gives him another season toward his league pension.
The move keeps Shazier on Pittsburgh's 90-man roster, though he eventually will be placed on the reserve/physically unable to perform list.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated March 12, 2019