Jets tight end Chris Herndon pleads guilty to DWI in crash
- Brown after Rooney talk: Time to move on
- Romo to play Byron Nelson at home club
- Roman changes Ravens offense for Jackson
- Cards sign veteran TE Clay for 1 year
- Dallas won't pick up WR Williams' option
ROCKAWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon has pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated in New Jersey.
A municipal judge in Rockaway Township on Wednesday suspended the fourth-round draft pick's driver's license for 90 days and fined him $639.
New Jersey State Police say the 22-year-old Herndon was driving his Nissan Armada in June when he crashed into a Toyota Land Cruiser that was towing a trailer carrying another vehicle. The 76-year-old driver was not injured.
Soon after the incident, Herndon said "this is not who I am."
Herndon could face suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
An email seeking comment from the team was not immediately returned.
Updated January 10, 2019